April is National Pecan Month! What a fantastic time to showcase a new flavor of the month here on the Panhandle Milling blog! This recipe for Pecan Shortbread cookies, with hints of citrus accenting the delicate flavor of toasted pecans, are just the perfect combination. They make fantastic garnishes to any frozen dessert and are also the most wickedly delicious base for a cheesecake crust! Because of the high-fat content, you can count on a shelf life of 7-10 days! Have fun with these!
• Cream together the butter, sugar, and salt.
• Add the eggs, vanilla, and zests and mix until fluffy.
• Add the flour and combine well on medium speed for 2 minutes.
• Add pecans and mix until just combined.
• Divide into 64 1 ounce cookies and roll into a ball, about 1 inch apart. Flatten slightly.
• Bake 350° 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Variation: Dip in dark or white chocolate.